At Tluxe we think carefully about how we can grow whilst minimising our direct environmental impacts. By sourcing responsibly, reducing waste, and setting environmental impact goals, we believe we can do our bit to build a sustainable business. We recognise it’s a journey and we continue to look at ways we can improve.
We believe in making a quality product that lasts. We design Tluxe clothing carefully to always ensure that our products meet the following criteria:
- Quality : clothing that is made to last using the highest quality materials and components.
- Materials : fabrics that are sustainable, natural, and produced using environmentally friendly methods.
- Design : we produce quality basics that can remain in your wardrobe for years to come. Extending the life of your clothing by a further 9 months would reduce carbon, waste and water footprints by around 20-30%.
- Versatility : a large portion of our collection are one-size pieces, designed to fit and flatter women of all sizes. Change is constant, and our one-size approach means that your wardrobe can change with you, reducing the need to constantly replace items.
How we deliver our product is also important to us. Our garment swing tags are made from recycled card, and our invoice and accompanying paper work is printed on recycled copy paper. We endeavour to reduce the use of paper and plastic as much as possible. In our store we offer an emailed receipt option, and use natural cotton reusable shopping bags. Online orders are packaged in bio-degradable plant starch bags and despatched using comPOST Packs.
Waste also accrues in the way in which garments are created. We choose to use a lot of fabrics manufactured on a close-looped system, which reduces the water waste required to produce a material. We also upcycle all of our off-cuts and end of roll fabrics.
We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the fashion industry.
To this end we are committed to taking the following action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation.
- Complying fully with all relevant legislation.
- Minimising our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible.
- To reduce, reuse, or recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- Providing all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives.
- Openly communicating our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
- We are working towards becoming B-Corp certified by the end of 2020. Certified B-Corporations meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- The research & development of alternative natural fibres that have positive environmental impacts, such as hemp, coconut, milk, pineapple, and mushroom.
- Transgressing to a purely organic garment dye operation, and ensuring that no AZO dyes are used in any Tluxe garments.
- Expanding our product range to include fair trade accessories and footwear, made using materials from our Research & Development progress.