At Tluxe we think carefully about how we can grow whilst minimising our direct environmental impacts. By sourcing responsibly, reducing waste, and setting environmental impact goals, we believe we can do our bit to build a sustainable business. We recognise it’s a journey and continue to look at ways we can improve.
We believe in making a quality product that lasts. At Tluxe sustainable practice begins by making conscious design decisions based on the following values:
- Quality : clothing that is made to last using the highest quality materials and components.
- Materials : fabrics that are natural, sustainable and produced using environmentally friendly methods. 95% of the plant cellulose fabrics we work with are produced in a closed-loop system.
- Design : we produce quality, functional clothing that can remain in your wardrobe for years to come. fashion forward styles that don't follow trends.
- Versatility : a large portion of our collection are one-size pieces, designed to fit and flatter women of all sizes. Change is constant, and our one-size approach means that your wardrobe can change with you, reducing the need to constantly replace items.
- Local Production : We work with a small number of select partner factories here in Sydney allowing us to produce our garment in small batches and maintaining high quality standards.
RECYCLED, REUSED, REPURPOSED, REMADE
Standing by these values, Tluxe has a strict no plastic policy and a commitment to minimising waste.
- Branding : Our tags are made from recycled card and shopping bags are re usable made from undyed cotton calico.
- Packaging : Garment and despatch bags are bio degradable & compostable, made from plant starch.
- Waste : We repurpose all end of rolls and off cuts into trimmings and children's clothing.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
- We are working towards becoming B-Corp certified. Certified B-Corporations meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- The research & development of alternative natural fibres that have positive environmental impacts, such as hemp, coconut, milk, pineapple, and mushroom.
- Transgressing to a purely organic garment dye operation, and ensuring that no AZO dyes are used in any Tluxe garments.